Photo Illustrator / Pexels ANTONI SHKRABA production
Here’s an Indian recipe for fluffy rice cake that you’re sure to love!
450 g rice, 60 g coconut, 125 g boiled rice, 5 tablespoons sugar, one sachet, dry yeast, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1 tablespoon fried cashews, 1 tablespoon fried raisins, 1 tablespoon butter, a pinch of salt.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Wash the uncooked rice as well as possible and let it soak for 5-6 hours.
2. After the rice is swollen, move it with water to a blender, along with the sugar, rooster, boiled rice, dry yeast, cardamom and salt powder.
3. Mix well until you get a homogeneous dough, similar in consistency to the pancake dough: dense, but flowing. Move the dough into a bowl and let it rise covered hot for 7-8 hours or overnight.
4. Place a cake pan greased with butter in a larger, taller saucepan with a lid and 1-2 cups of water inside.
5. Pour 1/2 of the amount of dough raised into the pan into the pan. Put the lid on the pan and leave it on medium heat, steaming, for 15-20 minutes.
6. Halfway through the cooking time, add a few raisins and cashews on top, then continue cooking with the lid on. Test the fluffy rice cake with the toothpick method. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
7. Following this fluffy rice cake recipe, you will get two rice cakes the size of your chosen tray.
Keep up to date with the latest news. Watch DCNews on Google News