The feminine decorations impress the house with tenderness, calmness, welcome and comfort, and it is represented in the colors chosen for the rooms, as well as in the materials, and the dominant shapes on the furniture. In this context, interior design engineer Dana Naim explains to “Madam.net” that “the preparation of a home that is feminine and comfortable, suitable for married couples living together.” Therefore, the following advice from the engineer, Dana, is not specific to a “modern” women’s council or a room for a woman, but rather for a house coordinating its elements with each other in order to attract the senses and suggest tenderness.
- There is no need to resort to exclusively feminine colors in the decor, according to the engineer, Dana, but it is possible to start the design work from neutral colors (beige, for example, or white), and from fluffy fabrics, with the design inlaying with soft elements.
- The colors of the pastel category, that is, those that include white in their composition, express a feminine taste, and they spread softness in the decor.
- Joyful colors, in turn, are attributed to female taste.
- Pink and dusty pink are feminine colors par excellence, and they reflect, along with the derivatives of pink in general, and its sequels (the color of calm coral, for example, and lilac, and peach) the soft taste in the decor.
There are many materials used in home décor, including: tissues, wall coverings, table covers, and accessories… In terms of fabrics, the fluffy ones are light in color (feathers, for example, or fur), which distinguishes neutral furniture, as in the case of pillows, is achieved Feminine look. In addition, shiny materials, such as mirrors, crystals, and accessories, are all effective in creating décor that attracts the senses.
Items added to the decor
Architect Dana calls for adding the following elements to home décor, in the context of preparing feminine décor:
- The flowers are arranged in a transparent vase, or marked with some golden sheen.
- Scented candles are bright in colour.
- The soft-colored woolen (or fur) blanket, thrown over the main sofa.
- The side tables are designed with an image that reflects a feminine flair, as well as those shiny, glowy, or French in a softly carved, floral pattern. Engineer Dana points out that “the French style, which distinguishes light-coloured, carved furniture, indicates sophistication and a feminine character.” It calls for adding one or more pieces of the aforementioned furniture, for a double attractiveness in the room, and a feminine look.
- Cushions, wallpaper, curtains, side chairs, or “Tabourites”, when chosen, are lined with embossed fabrics with the aforementioned light-colored flowers pattern, or in glossy colors, or the pattern of light animals, “overturning” the atmosphere of the room, making it feminine, for the effect of patterns in embellishing the decor.
- The furniture door is wide, but one of the ways to help reflect the feminine character through its pieces is to choose it with curved (not sharp) and round shapes, and in light colors.
It applies to the forms of accessories. Add to this, light “capitone” or pleated fabric serves the desired painting.