The journey of buying curtains starts from understanding the role they play, especially in the bedroom, that is, blocking sunlight, as well as securing privacy for the place, in addition to beautifying the interior decoration, knowing that a good selection of “modern” bedroom curtains will make the space’s view more attractive, according to Interior designer Rana Abu Faisal, as the occupant noted that the latter is comfortable, and suitable for relaxation.
In this context, the engineer, Rana, calls for buying transparent curtains (voiles) for the bedroom, if the location of the house is not surrounded by buildings, due to the role of the mentioned fabric in bringing sunlight into the place. As for the desire to make the bedroom’s view, especially the marital, luxurious, it is useful to choose velvet curtains, which are provided by transparent curtains. In a room that is simple in design and content, patterned curtains can “revive” the décor with their colours.
Interior decorating tips
Here are some tips from the interior designer, Rana, to help choose curtains for the bedroom:
- It is important to coordinate the colors of the curtains and paint the walls, so that the decorations harmonize, in addition to coordinating the curtains and the bedspread, as well as the bed.
- The size of the nets should be given importance, when choosing curtains. However, there is no objection to tailoring the long curtains to the narrow window, in order to feel warm, and isolate the room from the hustle and bustle of the outside.
- It is appropriate to choose blackout curtains in the bedroom, especially with the many sets of similar curtains, and their diversity, in terms of materials and colors, in addition to the modern atmosphere that this type of curtains spreads in the place where it is located.
- Choosing the fabric of the curtains is related to the feeling that the occupant of the room would like to feel when waking up. Some prefer to wake up in a darkened room, even if the sun is shining outside. In this case, the “black out” curtains seem appropriate, especially in the “modern” room. As for others, it is preferable to allow the fabric of the curtains to make the threads of the sun infiltrate the place to wake up, so it is necessary to choose the most delicate fabrics.
- It is useful to stay away from following the fashion lines, when choosing curtains, because the latter are not constantly changed. In this context, the engineer, Rana, advises the woman who desires the solutions of patterned curtains in the space, to focus on choosing the desired patterns, so that the eye does not get bored, after a short time has elapsed after purchasing them.
- It is appropriate to choose the strong colors of the curtains, in the room with bright contents, in terms of color, and vice versa. Generally, the curtains follow the color palette present in the room.
- The curtain rail is hidden in the “modern” room, and visible in the classic or “vintage” room.